SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, July 31, 2014

The 3 R's

This quilt was made for a challenge in the "Art Quilts Around the World" group that I am a part of! For the other quilts from the group, please visit our blog.

We have a challenge every two months based on a theme. This time it was the 3R's - Reduce, Recycle, Reuse.
Here's my blog post for the same!!!

When the challenge was announced, I just loved it!!!

I began quilting with 'up'cycling! That is how it all started for me...

For this challenge, I was planning on making a selvedge background and then thread sketching on top of it!!!

Awesome plan wasn't it?

But I forgot something: how lazy I am!
So the selvedges were sewn together, because that was the easier part, and they sat on my table for about a month!!!

I had a lot of time! - I would tell myself.

Fast forward to 30th July! I am in panic mode! My quilt is not ready! And there's no way I am going to be able to do the thread painting in one day!

So I just decided to be late, again. I proceeded to clean my sewing room. That was when I found the markers I had bought from Bernina India. Thats the ones they use with their paintworks tool!

I knew exactly what I wanted to make!!! I then let my heart do the design and the hand do the drawings!!!

So here's my quilt! Finished in time!!!


I love the quirkiness and the 'fun'ness of the quilt! And I already see myself making many more!!!


I had made a quilt with strips of solids a while back. I had a lot of those leftover strips, between 2-6" wide. I cut up a few to make the super scrappy binding of the quilt!!!


Do you like it??








1 comment :

  1. I love how you used the North American continent into your little recycle guy. Ironically I'm in the midst of a huge purge and recycle, I've already made 3 trips to the recycling centre in my condo, and one to my car which already is full to pass onto friends or the local thrift shop.

    Great oroject!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...