SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, October 27, 2014

Bloggers Quilt Festival - Modern quilt

Hi all!
All those who have come from Amy's blog and are meeting me for the first time, I'm Shruti and I am a quilter from India!!!

I fell in love with quilting 5 years back and have not looked back ever since!




Here's my entry for the "Modern" Category!

My Sassy Modern Quilt! What else!!!


This quilt is dedicated to all those who say Batiks cannot be used in modern quilts!!!
Now let them deny that this is a modern quilt!!!

Quilt Stats
Name : Sassy Batiks
Size : 50" x 57"
Material used : Fabric : Black Solid - local find, Batiks from The Square Inch
Thread : Aurifil Black 50 wt 
Pieced and quilted on Ross - my Bernina 710
Experience - "kick-you-in-the-crotch, spit-on-your-neck, fantastic." (those who are not aware, its a quote by Rachel in Friends Season 2 - Episode 1)

Go check out the other quilts in this category and nominate your favorite ones to win the Viewers Choice award!!! Just click on the link below to go to Amy's site!!!


AmysCreativeSide.com


4 comments :

  1. I love batiks too and think they were the original modern fabrics. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. I did Freshly Pieced's Supernova in batiks and it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES YES YES YES YES
    This is why I made a brown quilt last year and Ive been pondering how I can make a batik quilt that all the haters will like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sass in this quilt, it's great! And I don't know why batiks get such a bad rap - the colours are awesome, the dye doesn't run in the wash, and there's lots of interesting texture built in!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...