SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Sassy Batiks!!!

When people tell me you cannot do something, I'm always itching to prove them wrong!!!

So when I heard it too many times, that Batiks cannot be used in modern quilts, I decided to try to break that myth!!!

First thing, I ordered batiks from Tina, who apart from being the ONLY female Bernina Dealer also has a lovely shop-studio The Square Inch at Chennai!

Aren't these beauties just gorgeous???


Add to it amazing customer service and super fast delivery!!! Tina, you're a dream come true for me!!!



So after a lot of pondering about what I wanted to do, I got started! I knew I wanted to improv piece on a black background, but didn't know what I wanted it to look like!

Inspiration struck me when I was sleeping and I could not wait for it to be morning and go to my studio!!!

Here's my finished quilt!!!


I improv pieced the letters along with the black solid!!! It was super fun to make this one!


I quilted it densely with free motion straight lines! Thanks to my BSR, this was a breeze!!!  slightly less terrifying!


Me, Ross and Aurifil!!! Partners in crime!

Quilt Stats
Name : Sassy Batiks
Size : 50" x 57"
Material used : Fabric : Black Solid - local find, Batiks from The Square Inch
Thread : Aurifil - what else!!!
Pieced and quilted on Ross - my Bernina 710
Experience - "kick-you-in-the-crotch, spit-on-your-neck, fantastic." (those who are not aware, its a quote by Rachel in Friends Season 2 - Episode 1)


I'm dedicating this one to all those who say Batiks cannot be used in Modern Quilts!!!
Is this modern enough for you guys???

1 comment :

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...