SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

52 prompts to blog every week: Week 22

In the 52 prompts series we are talking about favorite fabric today.



My favorite fabric line for  a long time has been the Echino, designed by Etsuko Furuya of Japan. I have bought several prints in the past, including a full set from Quiltcon last year.




I have also made some amazing items from it . Love its feel and weave...which is very different from other designer fabric that you get in the international market.





However, recently hand dyed fabrics have become a clear favourite. I have tried my hand at making them and love them absolutely! Made a couple of projects and feel like it has a life and form of it own which is renders to the final project.



My recent classes on portrait quilt have used hand dyed fabric and the colour gradation of the face is beautiful.



Let me know whats your favourite.



www.fatquartershop.com





Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...