SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, June 24, 2016

Cross Connections

Sometimes you are walking down a street and turn a corner and suddenly you realize - this wasn't where you want to go!!!

You then continue walking and find your way to your destination!!! You might have to make a few more turns, ask for directions or maybe just look up your destination on google maps and 'reroute'.

Life is also like that, full of surprises. Sometimes you might realize you are not on the path that you started out on. You see others who were with you going on straight and achieving their goals, whatever they were, while you feel drifting into a new direction!
All of a sudden things are not familiar anymore. You do not know anyone around you. You do not know what to do. Hell, you do not even know what you are doing!
But keep going. Look around. Experience. Learn. Adapt. and

REROUTE!

You will reach your destination! You might be a little late, but your journey will be much more interesting and filled with fantastic experiences!

Here's my quilt, "Cross Connections".

This quilt came right from my heart. It depicts my personal journey in life. A lot of things in my life, even though they were my own decisions, brought along a lot of surprises for me! Be it the decision to marry the person I did or a forced sabbatical. Suddenly I was in unfamiliar territory. Not knowing what to do, or like I said, even what I was doing.
But I did find a way!!!

My husband might not be the person I dreamt of, but he is the best thing that could have happened to me! Don't tell him I said it, but the guy is always right!

And my sabbatical introduced me to the land of quilting! I don't know what I would have done without it. Gone insane, maybe!

When I started thinking of this quilt, it just started out as lines intersecting each other. but then I realized that lives of some of my friends (from where I can see) have gone pretty much simple and straight like the parallel straight lines above and below the circle!

But there are weirdos like me, all intersecting and crossing each other's paths. Reaching out and touching lives! Helping each other along their ways. And all of them reaching their desired destination!!!



The quilt in itself came along in a matter of hours! The thoughts lingered in the mind for hours! I love making quilts that speak to me!

So here's Cross Connections!!!



Quilt Stats

Name : Cross Connections
Size : 35" x 44"

Material used : Unbleached cotton from local market and Moda Bella Solid for the binding.
Thread : Aurifil Shade 2324 (50 wt) both in the bobbin and top.
Cotton batting
Quilted on Ross - my Bernina 710

Technique : Straight line Quilting!
Experience : Amazing!!!




www.fatquartershop.com





2 comments :

  1. Very thought provoking and an interesting looking quilt as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of the word game where you match a word to it's definition. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...