SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

52 Prompts to Blog Every Week : Week 28

This month on the 52 prompts series, we are talking about Notions. Our favorite ones, the ones that we hate, the ones we desire...




Today, we are talking about Rulers and Templates!

I'm not a person who lives by the 'rules' and that applies to my quilting approach too!

When I started out I bought the 6" x 24" Omnigrid ruler and a set of 4.5", 6.5", 9.5" & 12.5" square Omnigrid rulers!

I must say that the only one that is used the most is my 6"x 24"

Unless I am cutting something that is (a lot)  smaller than 24" do I use the other rulers.

So yes, the basic 6" x 24" ruler is my most favorite quilting ruler EVER!



Later I bought the Hex-n-more ruler designed by Julie from Jaybird Quilts

I LOVE THIS RULER!

Can I say enough about it? NEVER!

It takes the confusion out of cutting hexagons (or half-hexagons) (or triangles)


image credit : www.jaybirdquilts.com

This ruler is my favorite one apart from the 6" x 24" basic one! I love making hexagon quilts (made of half-hexagons or triangles). And this is the next best thing I have come across EVER!

About templates, I normally do not buy them. If I need one, I just make one with either a piece of template plastic (thats just a fancy name for the plastic sheet I have cut out of some old file or folder lying around).

If I want to be able to print out templates directly, I iron a layer (or two) of freezer paper to the printed paper (on the wrong side, of course) and cut it out with a pair of scissors!

Which is your favorite ruler? And do you have some templates that you love? Or some other easy method to make a template? I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Cheers!!!


www.fatquartershop.com





1 comment :

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...