SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, July 14, 2016

My new Website!!!

I had purchased the domain name in January! And it was on my list of to-do things for quite some time.

Last week was horrible! First I was sick in bed for a week.

As soon as I felt better, I woke up to a dead phone (which will be replaced/repaired on this coming Sunday)

I had only come to terms with it when I went to my studio, to find that during the record breaking rains in Sangli, my Studio roof was leaking and had dripped water right on my sewing machine(s).

While I did not see any dampness/water on Emily (my Bernina 330), I did find traces of water on Ross (my Bernina 710).

I opened it up and used a hair dryer to dry it out. But am keeping it in a well ventilated place for a week (probably more) to dry out completely. I am scared for my life that Ross might need some severe damage repair!

So, the point is, my life right now sucks... But you know, when life throws you lemons...

Make lemonade!

While I was on a forced vacation, I decided to tackle the monumental task of getting my website up and running! And i'm so happy with how it turned out!

I had originally intended to make it using Wordpress.org, but I just could not get my head around doing that. So I ended up making it in Wordpress.com. So basically it is a blog that is disguised as a website.

I will  continue blogging here, but my main hub will be my website

www.shrutidandekar.com



Do drop by and say hello!!!

Cheers!!!
www.fatquartershop.com





3 comments :

  1. I'm sure sorry to hear about all these things that have befallen on you seemingly at once! That's a lot to handle. But we know that we have to pick ourselves up and keep going, no matter whether we want to or not. You're doing well, and especially to have built a website too. If I may make a little suggestion... when you're writing your blog posts, they're easier for readers to read if you left justify the text - make it all line up on the left, to read left to right. It's very difficult to read sentences that are centered. I have a journalism degree and this is something we were taught to do when writing copy for a website, and for newsletters. I hope I haven't offended you. Hope your machines withstood the rain and keep running well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...