SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Missing my grandma...

It was just yesterday that Dad called me up and told me that it is the death anniversary of my grandfather today according to hindu calender. My grandfather passed away when my father was just 3 years old... And my grandmother, I'm really proud of her, single handedly looked after 4 kids along with one adopted one! She also looked after the shop that my grandfather used to run... It was during times when women rarely stepped out of houses...
She was a great woman who lived a long life and died at the ripe age of 94 on 23rd Feb, 2008 (incidently on the day my bro, Ashwin , got married and my son, Aadi's first birthday!) We miss her badly... She was the one who held the family together...

But today, I got another call from my dad and realized that I have no-one let whom I can caqll Grand... (ma/pa) anymore! My father's paternal aunt - Kaku Aaji, as we used to call her, passed away today... I really felt sad... I didn't meet her very often, only on special occassions... But yes, the thought that she was there was a comfort... And yes, I do miss her now that she isn't any more...



She was another brave lady... Like my own grandma - Aaji , she was widowed at a young age... Her two sons went ahead and started a screen printing business in the staff quarters of the hospital where she worked as a nurse... They went ahead and named their business after her - Malati arts... And today the business is pretty successful...


thats me about 6 years back with bth the wonderful ladies

Both Aaji and Kaku Aaji were rock solid ladies, who in times of worst scenes had their feetrooted in the ground... They supported their families... Took care of their children... And made them responsible citizens...

This post is a salute to you two ladies... I'll always remember you... And I'll tell my kids about you so that they too will know you...

Miss you...




1 comment :

  1. What beautiful, strong women-- my grandmothers have passed, too, and so has my mother, so I can understand how much you must miss them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...