SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Quilt for Dad!!!

My father will complete 60 years in February next year... We will be celebrating his birthday with a huge party... I want to make a quilt for him... Something really special... Since it'll take about a month for the fabrics to arrive after I order them, I must begin thinking now itself... Also, I'll make a similar quilt for my Mom in a 'girl' fabric...

Have you got any ideas for the design / fabrics that I could use? I'd appreciate any help...

Here are a few of my inspirations...

Dad's quilt




My creation




1. Embracing Gray, 2. city purple, 3. PTS3, 4. tokyo city, 5. Watercolors Pillow, 6. Snapshots Quilt, 7. Front, 8. sew connected quilt, 9. Squares Front, 10. dinner date front, 11. The Argyle Quilt of Doom - Finished!12. Not available

Do you have any suggestions for the fabric? Or shall I go with solids? His favorite color is blue! And mom's is yellow...



1 comment :

  1. Here's a post with a picture of the quilt I'm making for my Grandfather (4 more squares to quilt and I'll just have to bind it!). It isn't any specific fabric line, just various browns and greens I had in my stash, and it's a Disappearing/Magic 9 patch.

    http://www.thequiltinghermit.net/2010/09/sneak-peek.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...