SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, November 19, 2010

Favorite Things Friday

Today, I'm hopping in with Mrs P and telling you about my favorite things... Apart from the wonderful shopping trip i recently told you about...

While I was away, I received this in the mail :

It is my favorite quilting book so far... The instructions are just so clear and simple to understand... The look of the book is uncluttered... There are vital tips to make your work both easy and better... The basics have been explained in a manner, that could not have been better and the projects are awesome!!!



The first thing that I had noticed about Elizabeth Hartman's quilts when I came across her blog, was the accuracy of her quilts... The corners matched perfectly, the color balance was perfect and the quilting was uniform!



Her blog is also simple to navigate and searching for anything is really very easy... She has hosted 3 fabulous quilt alongs and has numerous free tutorials on her site...



I even bought the canasta quilts pattern from her a few months back... It has been a good buy, again with clear and crisp instructions...



When I knew she was writing a book, I really looked forward to it and expected her to deliver the same simplicity as her blog does and she sure didn't dissapoint me...

So all those who need to relearn the basics or just want to have some faboulous new patterns, do buy the book. It can also be a great gift for fellow quilters...

You can buy it here.

Thats The Practical Guide to Pachwork, my favorite, this Friday... Whats yours??? Join the hop and tell us...







Note : All the photographs in this post are from www.ohfransson.com

9 comments :

  1. Wow! I can see why this would be a Favourite! :o) All those gorgeous photos make me want to quilt. Thanks for the link. I'll have to go give it a looksee. Happy FTF! :o)

    Larri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. I keep hearing so many good things about this book and the author, I'll have to check out both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't wonderful to find a truly terrific quilting book? Thanks for sharing this favorite thing. I'm going to take a peek at it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks great, I cant see well enough to sew a straight line anymore but if I could that would be a great place to start!! Happy FTF :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Elizabeth Hartman's blog and quilts too, and this book has been on my Amazon Wish List for a few weeks now. I'm glad to hear that you really like it. It makes it easier for me to click the "Buy" button now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love quilting books. This one looks like winner. I must say I am a fan of many of Elizabeth's quilts.

    Fabulous FTF Shruti. It's always good to hear what others think of a book before you buy a copy. Often I am a little disappointed but this one sounds like it delivers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to get my hands on Elizabeth's book. I love reading her blog, she is one very talented person.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too have this book. I just love it. I can't wait to dive in and make one of her quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cover on that book is gorgeous. Judging just by that, I can see why it is a favorie. That canasta quilt is fabulous. Thanks so much for sharing!

    xo -El

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...