SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, December 6, 2010

A Productive Day!!!

 I finally finished the Little Leaves Quilt from Elizabeth's book!!! YAY!!! Thats my first finish from a pattern!!! Now a little about this quilt...


The Falling Leaves Quilt

Its meant as a wedding gift to a bride from her family... I could not think of any other fabric than the Dream On... The name itself speaks a lot! And she did not want a white background, or cream... I would have preferred cream though... We settled on a lemon yellow... And it sure looked good...


The Falling Leaves Quilt

The making of this quilt was a highly interrupted job... First was our trip to Goa then my Bernette playing by her own rules and then my injury... But I knew I had to get it done in time and now its on its way to the bride's home well in advance before her wedding...


The Falling Leaves Quilt

I am happy to get this one done... I'm also halfway through my Pillow Talk Swap pillow... Its almost done, and I'll be showing you a few snaps tomorrow!

I received one of my most awaited parcels today... Remember that e-shopping trip little bro' took me on??? Well, I received a few things from the list...



The flower pins, Basting pins and Handmade Beginning... from www.nancysnotions.com


my e-shopping stuff

And my rotary cutter and its blades from Midnight Crafts

I cancelled my order for the large mat as it never got shipped... I'm never ordering stuff from ebay again...

And then...


Yes!!! I gave in to by biggest craving and placed an order for the cutting edge mat!!! at www.keepsakequilting.com!!! I got an email from them that its crossing the oceans at this moment!!!


Doesn't it just look P.E.R.F.E.C.T. for my sewing room???

www.nancysnotions.com shipped their order fast... But they cancelled my order for the ruler set as it was out of stock...   :(...

I have now ordered rulers individually from Fabric Depot and will be ordering the 6" x 24" ruler when its in stock with them... So in next few weeks, I'll be expecting two more parcels...

I'm working on my sewing room again... This time, once more playing with the layout so that I find something that I am comfortable with... The current layout has limited my storage space... I'd like to rectify that since I am planning to spend all the money that I manage to save from the household expenses every month on fabric!!! And no, I wont be keeping kiddo or hubby hungry... Even if I do skip a few meals... Whats a meal, but a few unnecessary calories!!! LOL... But right now, my aim is sqeezing in a 50$ a month limit...

Till I receive my next parcel... C ya all...
Cheers!!!

3 comments :

  1. what a pretty quilt - I actually like the pale lemon. It looks lovely. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wedding quilt is lovely! You did great work :-)

    ~ Meagan

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt is beautiful and it looks like you had some fun shopping.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...