SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, December 4, 2010

A wonderful project...

Okay, I found a way to sew... I shifted my sewing machine to the dining table...propped up my leg on a dining chair and sewed away!!! I felt so much better...

I worked on a quick project first... This was a really fun project... I was given some clothes of a girl - Ridhima - who's celebrating her first birthday tomorrow... I was scraed of cutting up all those cute clothes... But cut I did... And made two lovely pillows that she can use for years...






Here they are... Aren't they perfect for a girls room???
Personalized Pillows



Here's the first one : The Frock Pillow... The frock was so lovely that I just could not cut through it... So I decided to use the front panel entirely and write her name under it...


the frock pillow


Here's her name
thats her name

And for the second one, I cut circles from her clothes and appliqued them onto the pillow, quilting around the circles, not on them... I loved the effect...

the pink dotty pillow

I used rough edge applique for all the patches and the result was a wonderful job done barely in minutes... The patches have cute images... Here are a few...

choo choo

A choo choo

a bear

Isn't the bear cudly???

moments of innocence...

Moments of innocence... how apt!



I am sure the mother of the cutie pie is going to love these...

Cheers!!!


4 comments :

  1. Beautiful projects Shruti and such a terrific idea for using clothing!

    Glad you found a way to make sewing happen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. when it comes to sewing where there's a will there's a way - well done! Love the cushions - very cute and great way to immortalise past bby clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are adorable! I want to do something like this for my boys' baby clothes. But I have not go the nerve yet. Hopefully some day :-)

    ~ Meagan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...