SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Kitchen...

Remember I told you I was getting my house done??? 

Well, my kitchen is finally ready!

It was my old studio that looked like this

then for a long time it looked like this


and


I had dreamt of transforming it into something like this


Though not exactly the same, I have come nearer to my dream...

My kitchen now look something like this...





I absolutely love that clock... I am thinking of painting it yellow though...


bringing a little spice and some color into the kitchen...

My earlier living room is also now transformed into a living-dining space...

We replaced the open arches with doors...
I did not want all the dust to come into the house...
There's a lot of work to be done still, the floor needs to be painted, some rugs need to be bought... 

I was thinking of some beautiful colorful cotton rag rugs...

This was what my living room looked like earlier...


And this is what it looks like now...


And the dining area...

Unfortunately, the swing will have to go... With a new cabinet coming on the wall, I wont be having much space here...



The rest of the house is still a mess... But I'm hoping it will be done before Diwali!

Cheers!!!









10 comments :

  1. It's looking great. It must be a relief it is all nearly finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its Looking good and very fresh. Gr8 work as always..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shruti, it looks fabulous! I saw your curtains in your sewing room. I love mine that you sent me sometime ago. It is hanging in the doorway of my sewing room, and it looks great! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks great! I love the window in your kitchen -- and you have so much counter space!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Progress is always an exciting thing on big projects. It looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, Shruti, things are looking mighty fine at your place!!! I'm so jealy of your fab new kitchen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Greetings from Finland! Nice to meet you! Smiling and reading your Blog! Thank you for it! It's so lovely to find quilters from the other side of the world! Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Your kitchen looks fabulous. I recall how excited I was when mine got done a year ago.

    Nice to see you back in Blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved seeing all the remodeling you've done. Greetings from Colorado!
    http://starwoodquilter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow everything looks great! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...