SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Favorite Things Friday!!!

Its that time of the week...

I really loved doing Favorite things Friday every week with Shay, but somehow, life took over and it got side tracked.

But now I'm back, and I'm back to stay...






So, what is my FTF this Friday?

Well its IMQG! The India Modern Quilt Guild!



We have a FB page and a blog too...

We started in September with 3 members! I remember it was Shilpa, Vidya and myself! I had very high hopes for it. But practically the situation was that apart from the two of these girls, I did not know anyone who quilted, in India.

But we decided to give it a try. It was very difficult to decide the platform. We then decided that since a lot of people use FB, it would be easier to have that as our launch pad. And we did.

Remember we are a country where you do not get designer fabric, quilting notions etc.

And today we are 69 ladies, roaring to go!

We are meeting too!



We are all spread across the whole wide country, 3287263 sq. km (1269219 sq. mi)!

But we are all coming together at this fantastic resort in April for 3 days!



Can you all imagine how much fun we all are going to have?

I'm so looking forward to it!

And I'm planning a lot for it too... I've even ordered some fun stuff to do while we're there...


759 pieces of pure fun!

(Shhhh, did you know Interweave have a 70% off on that one? its just for $3.24! Go here to buy it)

I have loved planning it all too, especially the door prizes (actually goodie bags - they dont need to do anything to win it!). I have been collecting a lot of things to put into the goodie bags. And I have some wonderful sponsors pitching in too! :)

The girls are going to go crazy! If you want to send something for the goodie bag for the girls contact me.

Thats my favorite thing this Friday - my IMQG! To check out what is the others' head over to the fabulous blog of Shay - better known as Mrs P!

2 comments :

  1. I am so happy for all of you!!! It's amazing that you've found each other - imagine 69 quilters coming together! You're going to have such a fantastic time. Where is the resort located?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shruti....1 wannabe...lol:-)....waiting to see u all and have fun and def to learn so much from you and others

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...