SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

WIP Wednesday!

I have a WIP to show you guys!

It was quite a few days before, that Emily and me stumbled upon this image on Pinterest!


We both loved it and decided to make identical quilts!

"Nothing big", we said, "Just something A4 size-ish!"

A quick raw edge applique and it would be done!!

Ha!

If only...






I did spend some time tracing it onto pellon and fusing it and then scraping the project and starting raw edge applique and then I scrapped it too!

Why?

Just like twitters "character limit" is something that turns me off it, the projects tiny size turned me off!

I have grand plans for this one!

And here it is...

Just a few sneak peeks!


Some super-intense quilting!


Pebbles and waves and words...


Some spirals to stir up the storms...


Can you read what it says?

Cannot wait to finish this one! This is the longest that I have taken to quilt something (That is a first for me!) I have been working on this today for about 8 hours and its not even half done!

Linking up to WIP Wednesdays at Freshly Pieced



What are you working on?

7 comments :

  1. That's amazing!!!

    Isn't Azkaban spelled with a Z though, not an S? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quilting is super amazing! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great inspiration image, this quilt is going to look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks amazing. I can not wait to see the final product! Appliqué is on my list of skills to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so cool! I can't wait to see the finished project!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...