SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Butt On!!!



Facebook is a place that has a lot of inspirations for me! Some in the form of words... While some, like this one, in pictures!!!

Ebony from Love Bug Studio, who by the way is working on making one of the awesome-st studios, showed off her recent purchase at Ikea on Tuesday (2nd July)...


And I immediately fell in love!!!

I knew I just had to make a wall quilt with that idea for my sewing room! 

But later on, I started thinking 3 dimensional! And Butt On was born!!!

I absolutely adore this quilt! And I'm really very proud that this is my original concept!!!

So here's presenting Butt On!!!


It is a decent 32" x 32". Perfect to brighten up and funkify a wall in my sewing room (I wish I had a wall to put this one up - but I'll find some place for it!)


All the buttons are in fact  circles that have a layer of batting inside!


I love the way the buttons  are stitched onto the back!


The backing is PERFECT for this quilt!!! Its bright and has polka dots! I mean, you can never go wrong with polka dots, can you?


I used my trusted Aurifil Black thread (wt 50) for piecing and quilting this baby!!! I love working with Aurifil threads - they leave so less lint behind!!! 


Would you like to do a butt-a-long with me???? Sometime in August???



4 comments :

  1. Looks beautiful Shruti! Count me in for the butt-a-long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that is just too FAB!! I really love it and I like that you went with the tans and browns as the backgrounds. I can sew together squares, not sure how to do the rounds yet!! I just started quilting! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great quilt! Kudos to you for taking it to the next level.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! Fabulous interpretation.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...