SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

I must be crazy...

How else can I explain my current quilting spree???



I have been workign like crazy and have been on top of all my housework!!! I even had an "empty-laundry-basket" moment last week!!! Though it lasted a mere 18 minutes before somebody threw a towel into one of these...


So, the blogland is abundant with Lone star Quilts recently... First it was Elizabeth whose quilt inspired Allison to complete hers... I got lost wandering around the blogland and my fantasy flight through the Lonely galaxy landed me here! And I found what I needed...

An EASY way to do things!!!

And I started on my job...

I used the Silver Spoon Spot On FQ Bundle by Robert Kaufman that I had ordered from Fat Quarter Shop some time back (I guess about 6 months back!)



It looked PERFECT together!!!


And for the neutral - I had the perfect denim-y grey!!!

From my recent trip to Pune.

Here's what I bought on that trip...


Its about 30 yards of fabric... And what was the cost??? 35$!!!
It has 4 dishtowels and 11 twin (and slightly larger) sheets!!!

So, back to the point, see that denim-y grey solid there??? I used that as the neutral... By evening the quilt was basted, ready to be quilted. The binding was ready...

 
And my sewing room looked like a bomb had gone off!!!


Come morning and I managed to get everything in control... And finished the quilt by afternoon!!!

So here's my Lone Star Quilt!!!


I absolutely enjoyed making this one!!!


And the backing is so beautiful!!!! So is the binding, of course!!!
 

And here's how much thread I used to make it!!! I quilted it with Aurifil #4660 (12 wt) with #2425 (50 wt) in the bobbin!!! PERFECT for the color combination! I just loosened the top thread tension so that it sewed beautifully!!! I must mention here that the thread broke ONLY ONCE between (almost) 2 spools worth of quilting! See how little of the thread is on those spools!!!


Now the big question??? What next???

Well, for once I have a plan!!!

It involves this...


some this...


a lot of


and an


with a lot of sweetness and sewing!!!

Any guesses what I'm up to???

And what are you up to???


6 comments :

  1. I don't know! When is Sewing Summitt?

    Your quilt looks great!

    You can use 12 wt in your machine? I'm jealous! I think it's a no-go in my computerized machine, but I'll give it a go on my Kenmore!

    And I love love love the fabric you got on your trip to Pune! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt and fabulous quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that lone star quilt is a beauty. You must have been drinking GO juice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must be coming over to my house! I'm totally itching to do a lone star too now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your lone star! The grey was perfect and I love the way you quilted it too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...