SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, July 14, 2017

AGF Stitched : Symphony Quilt


When Fat Quarter Shop invited me to be a part of the Art Gallery Fabrics Stitched :  Symphony Quilt along, I was overjoyed to say yes! It took my fabric ages to arrive. But I got it in time to make one block and make it into a mini quilt for my mother-in-law.



I will definitely be making a larger one with this pattern. It just comes together very fast!

You can go to the Fat Quarter Shop's Jolly Jabber  to find the blog post, video and the other wonderful quilters who are quilting along!

I chose to make mine in the beautiful Wonderful Things fabric by Bonnie Christine.



I absolutely love this line - especially the beautiful Wash Aquarelle Study that I used for the backing!


Here is the front of the quilt. I love the beautiful floral fabrics and the fact that the quilt came together super fast!


I used a zig-zag quilting stitch on Ross - my Bernina 710  with my Dual Feed System. I love how it combines the ease of straight line quilting and the crinkly look of free motion quilting!


Sometimes everything just comes together in a beautiful manner! This quilt brought my new favorite fabric (somebody please gift me a bolt of that lovely Wash Aquarelle Study!!!), my new favorite quilting design and a quick-to-come-together pattern!!!

I used Aurifil 2115 (Lemon) in 50 wt to piece and quilt it.



Super happy to gift this quilt to my Mother in Law!

BTW, here is a sneak peek at what is involved in getting that perfect shot of your quilt!



Sometimes its all just worth it!!!



Cheers!!!



www.fatquartershop.com





Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...