SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Baby Sewing!!!

Ever since my nephew arrived, I have been thinking of what I could make for him... I have been surfing through tutorials trying to find the perfect gifts for him...

In India, it is a custom that the child's maternal Aunt (Father's sister) names the child... This time its going to be me! And I want to make the occassion special by making gifts for the baby and his parents too...
Diapers for my Nephew...

This is one of the first ones I am making... I'm sure Kau is going to love these... And I'm gonna have to make many more... Right now, I'm making 6...

I used some funky kid fabric left over from larger scraps from my Spread the Cheer Quilts for the front... These are perfect... They were about 12" x 15" size...

For the lining I used a lovely white Terry Towel!!! Its so soft!!! I also lined two 5" wide strips of the towel to the inside of the Diaper as a soaker...
Diapers for my Nephew...
I love the result!!! I can already see the pile growing!!!
Diapers for my Nephew...

I made these 2 in less than half an hour... I think these will be welcome in my Etsy shop... What do you say???
Cheers!!!


2 comments :

  1. I think they'll sell really well Shruti.

    So is the baby's name going to be Kau? That's a lovely name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have been making AIO diapers for my daughter for when she is ready to start her family.

    They are so much fun!

    I really like your fabric choices and they look so soft too.

    It is a great time to be a baby isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...