SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Happy Little Pouch Blog Hop!

Today I'm happy to be invited to join a blog hop by Emily and Elaine...

The Happy Little Pouch Blog Hop!


What a fun hop at an apt time! I think all of us are looking for small projects to make for Christmas gifts!

They have both featured some of the most wonderful tutorials out there and have challenged each other to make some lovely pouches!

Hop over to their blogs for a treat!!!

Emily : Mommy's Naptime
Elaine : Dashasel Sews




Today, I'll be doing an eye-candy post for my Samosa pouches!


Also I'm making the tutorial available in a pdf format so that you all can access it whenever you need!

Here is a link to the pdf file!

I made a zillion of these pouches for my recent Craft fair...


And one you get the hang of it, they are pretty easy...

I know a lot of you love their name...

Here's what a Samosa looks like


And it is my all time favorite snack... EVER! I cannot make it, like many things in the kitchen I cannot make... But I get delicious ones at a shop just around my block... Infact that's where I'm heading to right after I finish writing this post!

And for all those who cannot help but fall in love with this yummy 3 dimensional Indian snack but cannot find it around you, here's a recipe to make your own!

Note : Do not think about Calories when you're eating this! You're disqualified to eat a Samosa if you even peep at the # of calories in it! If you'd like to burn off the calories follow every Samosa that you eat with 29 Samosa wristlets and nobody needs to know anything... ;)

Ingredients:



For Cover:
1 cup all purpose flour (Maida)
Water to Knead dough
2tbsp oil
Little salt
1/4th tsp. Ajwain (optional)
 
For Stuffing:
3-4 Potatoes (boiled, peeled & mashed)
1/2 cup Green Peas (boiled)
1-2 Green Chilies (finely chopped)
1/2tsp Ginger (crushed)
1tbsp coriander finely chopped
Few chopped Cashews (optional)
Few Raisins (optional)
1/2tsp Garam masala
Salt to taste
Red chili powder to taste
1/2 tsp. Dry Mango powder( Amchur) (optional)

How to make samosa:
For Cover:
  • Mix all the ingredients (salt, oil, ajwain) except water.
  • Add a little water at a time.
  • Pat and knead well for several times into a soft pliable dough.
  • Cover it with moist Muslin cloth and keep aside for 15 minutes.
For Stuffing :
  • In a bowl add mashed potatoes and all dry masalas (salt, chili powder, mango powder, garam masala) and green chilles, ginger and Mix well.
  • Add green peas, cashews and raisins and mix well.
  • Add coriander and keep aside.
To Proceed :
  • Make small rolls of dough and roll it into a 4"-5" diameter circle.
  • Cut it into two parts like semi-circle.
  • Now take one semi circle and fold it like a cone. Use water while doing so.
  • Place a spoon of filling in the cone and seal the third side using a drop of water.
  • Heat oil in a kadhai and deep fry till golden brown (fry on a medium flame).
  • Serve samosa hot with hari chutney, tamarind chutney.
With the pattern and the recipe I think I just doubled your fun! Dont forget to email me pictures of your Samosas... Both the edible and the non-edible ones! I'd love to feature them here!

Cheers!!!

12 comments :

  1. Thank you so much for the tutorial I think it will perfect to put a gift of money under the tree:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love samosas, and I love your samosa pouches too! Thanks for sharing the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I will have to try the samosas. The ingredients sounds somewhat similar to the curry puffs I used to get in Singapore :-).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Samosas are one of my most favorite treats! And those pouches are incredibly cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum those sound good! :) I will have to find a place that sells them here as I"m not certain I would be able to make them! :) Thanks for joining our blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These little pouches are so cute! They are on my gift list to make this year...thanks so much for the tutorial! And the bonus recipe! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't know which one to make first. Thanks for both the recipe and the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how cute!! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh these are cute, thanks for the tutorial! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for the recipe and the tutorial - they both look yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those pouches are adorable! I'm excited to make some of those (and the real ones too!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the great pattern! Love your samosas, and I love the edible kind, too. I buy them frozen at Costco. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments... I try to reply to all of them personally, but sometimes life is just too fast to do that... But I love hearing from you...